Tuesday 16 June 2009

Zoe Lister and Dad Martin - Father's Day Special - InsideSoap

Just click to enlarge! x.





Here is an Interview for a Father's Day Special for InsideSoap mag with Zoe and her dad Martin! Aren't the picture's so cute! Anyway here is the interview I just typed up..

Chester’s Zoe Carpenter is too nervous to confess her college troubles to her dad Graham , this week. But actress Zoe Lister - who plays the student - tells Inside Soap there’s not a problem that her own dad, Martin, can’t solve for her!

Have you enjoyed our photoshoot, Martin?
Martin: Yes, it’s been lovely and I’ve enjoyed meeting such wonderful people.

We’re glad to hear it! So, what will you both be doing on Father’s Day this year?
Zoe: I haven’t really thought about it! I’ll be at a festival called Winterwell, so I’ll give Dad a lovely call and send him a card.
Martin: I don’t mind, as long as Zoe’s happy.

Aw! What was Zoe like when she was little?
Martin: She always wanted to dance, and her lessons started when she was just three years old. Every year, her dance school would put on a pantomime, mainly for us parents to go along to. I got roped in to helping out on stage as Sleeping Beauty’s dad once.
Zoe: And you made me my first dancing costume..
Martin: Yes, I did! But I’ve lost the photograph I had of you in it.

What was it like when you first watched Zoe in Hollyoaks?
Martin: It was very, very spooky.
Zoe: You got a bit annoyed when my on-screen dad came into the show.
Martin: I thought, ‘Hey, that’s my job!’.

What do your friends and colleagues make of Zoe on screen, Martin?
Martin: They think she’s wonderful. They always ask me what’s coming up in the storylines, but I say that Zoe doesn’t tell me. If I do know anything, I keep quiet.

Do you ever give Zoe feedback on her performance?
Martin: Mainly when it’s good - but it’s always good! There have been times when I’ve watched her and had tear’s rolling down my cheeks because she has been that terrific.
Zoe: It’s nice when Dad says I’ve done well, but I think he’s probably lying!
Martin: No way - if I thought you were rubbish, I would say so!

Martin, what would you make of having Zoe Carpenter as your real-life daughter?
Martin: I think I’d be more interested in her than her parents appear to be. I’d want to know if she’s in a scrape with producing something for her degree, and why that is. Actually I’d love to play my daughter’s on-screen dad!

Do you ever wonder what your dad might think if you’re filming a racy scene,Zoe?
Zoe: Not really. We have quite a laugh about things like that.
Martin: There’s nothing wrong with it - you put the mask on and you do whatever the mask needs.

Zoe, we hear that you’re still loved-up with your boyfriend, Mark Hole. Tell us a bit about him..
Zoe: He’s a singer and we’ve been together for over a year now. He lives in London and im here in Liverpool, So we do the whole commute thing. I don’t mind, though.
Martin: Mark’s very unusual - a one-off, definitely! He’s very nice.

Martin, have you ever given any of Zoe’s boyfriends a grilling when she’s brought them home in the past?
Martin: I don’t really grill them - I just sit in the corner and look at them.

Where do you live, Martin, and how often do you see Zoe?
Martin: Not often enough. I live just south of Birmingham in a place called Redditch.
Zoe: It’s been a little while, because ive been really busy at work. And with Mark living in London, it’s getting quite difficult to get down to Redditch.

Do you have nicknames for each other?
Martin: Zoe is my favourite little girlfriend. I always call her that.
Zoe: And I call him homer [from the Simpsons] I don’t know why I call you that. Because you’re nothing like him!

Tell us why you’re proud yo have Zoe as your daughter, Martin - and why you’re proud to have Martin as your dad, Zoe..
Martin: She’s intelligent, beautiful, kind and caring. I wouldn’t change a thing about her.
Zoe: He’s very lovely and always there for me, I know I can call him any situation and he’ll never judge me.
Martin: There was that time you phoned me in the middle of the night because you’d been burgled.
Zoe: That was horrible! But Dad just stayed so calm. He’s an extremely kind-hearted man, and im very proud of him.


Jx.

No comments: