Monday 21 September 2009

Zoe Interview - Sky TV



In next week's Hollyoaks Later we'll see the drama between Sarah, Lydia and Zoe end in a fatality.

We caught up with actress Zoe Lister to find out which unlucky lady is set to meet her maker.

There's plenty of mystery and intrigue surrounding the Hollyoaks Later episodes, can you tell us more?
Well, there's a group of us and we all decide to go sky diving, and I get invited along by my lovely friend Sarah. But Sarah doesn't tell her psycho-bunny girlfriend Lydia who's a bit jealous of our relationship anyway.

Lydia ends up following us, which is a bit weird. She starts getting very jealous and there's a lot of tension and basically she's not a happy girl. So she starts plotting things.

So what does she plot?
She thinks at this stage that she wants to kill herself - she's got to such a dark place that she thinks about cutting her parachute. But then it turns out that all the parachutes get mixed up and nobody knows who is actually going to get it. It's very exciting though.

Why is Lydia getting so worked up?
Sarah and Zoe had a bit of fling and there was a lot of tension after that. Plus they've been through a lot this year and their relationship as a friendship has become really strong.

Zoe's not always been a great friend, for example this year she plagiarised Sarah's dad's script to use as her degree project and that revealed a lot about Sarah's history and her life.

It's not been great but there's a lot of love there between them. Zoe's not a lesbian, it was a bit of an experimental phase, but Sarah will always hang on to that.

So when Lydia turns up, Sarah obviously has a bit of thing for Zoe and Lydia just can't take it and starts going mental.

There's been a lot of intrigue about who is going to die because pictures were released with two sets of funeral flowers - yours and Sarah's. But you are leaving the show - so is it Zoe that dies?
I can't say who dies, but yes I'm leaving the show.

Was it a good laugh to film?
Yes, it was great as we went on a lot of locations. The other night we were shooting in an army barracks amongst the squaddies and there was a lot of shouting. Me and Loui [Bately, who plays Sarah] always have a laugh filming.

Who else do you get on well with in the cast?
I've been in a bit of a Zoe and Loui bubble for the past few months, but I get on well with Jess Fox (Nancy), Garland (Elliot) and Jared Kent who plays Zac. Most of us aren't from Liverpool, but we all live here and we just hang out together like a big family. Umm, that's the cheesiest thing I've ever said!

So now you're moving on from Hollyoaks, what have been your highlights?
I've loved being one of the students, because we just have such a laugh and there has been a really progression of our characters through those three years. The stuff I'm filming now has definitely been the most exciting for me. Plus, I've been learning to sky dive.

Wow, so you did actually do your own stunts in these episodes?
Yeah, man, you know it! We haven't filmed the jump so far, but we've got up to the level where I'm about to jump out on my own.

So no fear of heights then?
No, but it's still terrifying. It's horrible.

Why are you leaving the show?
I knew about a year ago that my time was coming to an end and I was starting to think about moving back to London and seeing what else I could do. I think three years is a long time to do the same thing.

If you had been given more exciting storylines, do you think you would've stayed?
I still would've arrived at this decision after this period of time.

What's the future for you post 'Oaks?
Well I made a decision to leave, and I am totally excited but obviously panicked as well, because being an actor, you're not going to work all the time. That's just the standard thing. I'm just going to audition and see what happens, or nothing could happen and I could work in a call centre.

Jx

No comments: